Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Foreclosed Voters

Foreclosures are nothing new. However, we seem to be especially keen to how its affecting us in 2008. We've done stories on the housing market, realtors, mortgage brokers, pets and now voting.

Some people fear they will not be able to vote if they lose their home. According to Steve Harsman, the director of the Montgomery County Board of Elections, as long as you have a physical address of where you're staying you should be able to cast a ballot.

One of my friends here at WDTN challenged me with a question. They ask, "do you think people who foreclose on their home are worried about voting in this upcoming election?" I'm not sure what the correct answer is but I believe there are some people out there who will uphold their right to vote no matter the circumstances.

I believe you're going to see more stories on this issue soon. We're starting to learn more and more everyday. The country hasn't seen this type of home crisis in years. If you have any ideas on how to better cover this story from a consumers angle....I'm all ears.

As always, I'm happy to hear from you on this issue.

No comments: